I just wanted to thank you for all your efforts of these initial weeks with Dad during this lockdown time.
Mum said that ‘he was in a place with good people taking care of him’ and he said ‘you are right, I am being looked after, very well’, which made such a big difference to Mum and the wider whanau.
We appreciate the popping into his room, so he is not just left and the efforts to find food he will eat and if he doesn’t have anything giving him a sandwich. He does love a good sandwich! These things have made a world of difference to us, and I wanted to thank you and the team for your thoughtfulness.
~ L. L.
Oh, Jenny, thank you so very much. Dads room was terrific, and the flowers bought tears to my eyes. It was so lovely to the extended whanau about the little touches made us feel so secure that Dad was in the right place. The universe has delivered us in your space at this time. Thank you.
~ August 2020
On behalf of the Packer clan I want to thank you all for the wonderful care that Dad received and the love and kindness shown to us, especially Mum.
Although he wasn’t with you for long, he settled in quickly and we knew that we were always welcome there. Dad was treated like a King.
We are forever grateful.
~ A. P.
New Zealand government have announced Auckland move to level 2.5 from midnight tonight, Cromwell House decide to return to essential visitors policy from tomorrow morning until further notice.
Due to lockdown to aged care facility just going to be lifted, we are expecting big demanding for visiting. In order to minimise the risk of COVID-19 transmission to residents and staff, please follow the suggestions and instructions from ADHB:
- Please all the visitors need to be pre-booked; health screening and assessment of visitors will be completed before entering the facility. Please reply this email; or email to email@example.com; or call 09 5247700 to book a visit
- One visitor only for one resident at one time; 15 minutes visit please. Visitor will stay in the residents’ room or designated area during visit.
- All the visitors please wear mask and perform hand hygiene; physical distance
- Visitors should record visits using QR codes, or sign in our registration manually.
- Visitor should stay home if they are unwell, or under investigation of COVID-19, or close contact someone who is a probable or confirmed COVID-19 case
- Any special request please contact Manager Jenny on 0275140543; or reply this email.
Cromwell House and Hospital thank everyone for all your help and support.
Hopefully very soon we will be able to update our visitor rules.